I recently caught the performance of Lin-Manuel Mirandas improv rap group "Freestyle Love Supreme" on the Seth Rudetsky's Sirius satelite radio show. First of all, the man walks in the room and his presence is known. The man is 30, written a tony winning musical that won best musical 2008, has won a Tony of his own, has worked with THE STEPHEN SONDHEIM, is a multitasking genius, as well as an artistic mastermind. Second to Stephen Sondheim, this man is the most coveted person in my mind. I was so excited when I found out on twitter that his freestyle group would be performing for free in the times square info center on 47th st a half hour before it started as i sit on my NYC hotel bed in pajamas on 34th st and 4th ave. For those of you NYC savy you know thats a challenge. I have met Lin once before but didnt get to talk to him because it was at the stagedoor and it was raining like crazy. I was very pleased to talk to him breifly and get a picture with him. So here is the news.....

1:Lin confirmed on the air that he is indeed starring in the upcoming IN THE HEIGHTS MOVIE. He also confirmed to me that he starts shooting the movie next month.
2: I told him i saw the IN THE HEIGHTS TOUR in Hartford and he said he was going to try and catch the tour in Boston.
3:He is collaborating on BRING IT ON THE MUSICAL. This could be interesting. Andy Blankenbeuler is also involved in some way. I think he said Andy was directing it? At one point Seth Rudetsky asked Lin jokingly if there was a song called "Do your thang" and Lin replied there was a song called "aint nothin but a thang" at one point hahahaha
If you havent heard Lin freestyle or at all check out his group freestyle love supreme on there website
freesylelovesupreme.com
No comments:
Post a Comment